Today is a special day as we are blog hopping and introducing the new design team for Clique Kits! If you are just arriving, please make sure you take a step back and visit Maryam's blog, where this all begins. I would hate for you to miss out on any of the amazing inspiration.
Well, I have already enjoyed a term on this team and I'm so thankful, and thrilled, to continue on for another term. You know how it feels when you find the exact fit for something? This is how I feel about CK. I love, love, LOVE the kits and I love the community. It fits me perfectly and I love being able to be ME and create cards all the live long day! That is my focus - cards. So, you'll be seeing lots of videos and tutorials on how I make my cards. My goal is to show you how you can use every single piece of your kit to make beautiful cards!
Here are a couple of cards I made, especially for this hop, to showcase my style and approach. I used the lovely Chasing Dreams collection from Crate Paper. It's so pretty!
Some of my "signature style" go-to's are layering. I love to experiment with colors, patterns and different textures. I'll check out embellishments and try to get a perspective on new and innovative ways to use them. I also love to throw in some ink splatters. It just creates a fun and messy texture to the card.
The other thing you'll see a lot on my cards is cut files.
I. Love. Cut files!
Each kit has exclusive cut files to use and I love figuring out how to adapt them to cards.
For this particular card, I used a cut file from Just Nick Studio.
Yes, I painstakingly cut out each of those pattern paper petals to go behind the cut file. It took awhile but, the end result is worth it!
I will usually create a Let's Make Cards with Melissa video so you can check out all the little tips and tricks I utilize while making cards.
Before I send you away, I've got a fun little questionnaire to fill out so you can get to know me better! I love filling these out AND reading them!
1. What's your favorite color? Pink!
2. What's your favorite song right now? I love worship music and my favorite, at the moment, is What a Beautiful Name by Hillsong
3. Who inspires you? Other designers and artists. I have a long list of who I love to follow!
4. Favorite Book? I don't read much. No time! The last book I read, and really enjoyed, was The Nightingale
5.Favorite Movie? The Sound of Music!!! Mary Poppins is a close second. :)
6.Favorite snack? Popcorn and potato chips... hmmm... and chocolate.
7. What is your favorite food? Tacos! I could eat them every day.
8. Where would you like to visit someday? I'd love to go visit my homeland - Germany
9. Who got you into scrapbooking? My love for card making is what led me to scrapbook. I loved visiting my old LSS and getting inspired.
10. How many years have you been scrapbooking? I have been cardmaking/papercrafting/scrapbooking since around 2000. My brain is a little foggy but, that's about when it all began.
11. Favorite Manufacturer? Oh goodness! I love a lot! My top three would be Simple Stories, Crate Paper and Fancy Pants.
Now it's time to send you on to the next blog! Your next stop is Enza! Happy hopping.
I've left you a list below in case you get lost. :)
Maryam Perez http://maryamperez.blogspot.com/
Melissa Elsner http://theprofoundbrunette.com
Vincenza (Enza) Gudor https://creativefindingsblog.wordpress.com/
Caroli Schulz www.carolinaschulz.com
Nathalie DeSousa http://tachita55.blogspot.ca/
Candace Perkins http://findingeverydayperfection.com/
Audrey Yeager http://audreysreflection.blogspot.ca/
Stephanie Gold http://stephaniegolddesigns.com/
Nicole Martel http://nicolemartel.blogspot.com/
Donna Espiritu http://scrappydonna.blogspot.com/
Reka Turoczi http://laceandcase.blogspot.hu/
Hannah Lemieux https://scrapbookpagesandcupcakes.wordpress.com/
Victoria Calvin https://victoriamarieblog.com/
Taina “Evi” Cortes http://www.lifewithevi.com/blog
Sheryl Banares www.sherylbanares.com/